Friday, July 14, 2023

Snake!!!

As Harrison Ford put it in the first Indiana Jones movie, "I hate snakes!!!"

I don't know why I have a phobia of snakes, but I do.

About a week prior to my surgery  I was leaving a client's home in the next subdivision.  There was a crowd of landscapers blocking an intersection with their vehicles.  I was able to slowly maneuver around and through all of them.  I wondered what was going on.  

I slowed to a crawl and did a rubber neck.  And I saw it.   They were all marveling over a very large copperhead that one of their crew had caught and killed.  I joined the party.  I stopped, got out of the car and took a picture.

This is/was a very large poisonous snake.

Why am I writing a blog post about this?  I guess that I would tell you that sometimes we are afraid of things for no reason.  As long as we just let this snake alone, he would have gone on with his life.  But we have irrational fears, and sometimes we act upon them.

Are you afraid of things that are really just a part of God's normal world?  Are you holding fears for no reason?

Let them go.  

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: