Monday, July 24, 2023

God's will, our will

In my life I have heard lots of interesting things about God's plans and God's will.  I can't tell you how many times two love birds told me that God brought them together - later, they somehow found divorce.  I know of pastors that will say that God gave them a vision to build a building... then they left and moved on, leaving the congregation with millions in debt.

If we believe in free will, and I do, then God gives us leeway to make our choices.  The road of life is not a straight line where we follow the lightning bolt will of God.  The road of life is more like a tree.  We are born on the trunk and as time goes by we have choices to make.  Will I branch off this direction or the other.  Sometimes our choices are good and sometimes, well, sometimes our choices bring regret.

My point is this.  We can't sit around and wait for a revelation from heaven about our life choices.  Our life is our responsibility to live to the best of our ability.  We must get up every day and give thanks to God for the gift of the day.  Then we need to make the best choices that we can.  God is with us, no matter what direction we may go.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: