Wednesday, July 5, 2023

On appreciating a day

Today is my birthday. I am 66. I am glad that I made it to that age. My mom passed three days prior to her 63rd.

Recently I have had some thoughts on appreciating a day. I had knee surgery on June 28. So June 27 was a very special day for me. I knew it was my last day before I would be laid up and I made the most of it. I wrote this on June 27...

Today is June 27. It’s my last day of freedom before knee surgery tomorrow. It’s the last day for weeks maybe months that I’ll be able to get around, drive around, or climb a ladder. I’ve been making lists and getting my stuff done so when I have to sit and recoup, I don’t have to worry about all the honeydews. It’s kind of a fun day. It feels like Tim McGraw's song, "live like you were dying." I went skydiving I went Rocky Mountain climbing I went 2.7seconds on a bull name foo-man-shoo, and I loved deeper and I loved sweeter...

It was a very cool day.

Contrast that with a few days after my surgery when I was in pretty serious pain. Stuck in a chair. Lots to complain about if I wanted to.

But I want to appreciate those days too. Thanks to all of you who sent cards and notes and well wishes. I love you all.

Everyday is a good day. I prefer whole days to broken, recuperating days, but it is great to be alive!!!

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: