Thursday, July 13, 2023

pastor quote

When I am in town, and not laid up from surgery, I attend church at Ft. Pierce First United Methodist Church.  I love the people there and I love our pastor, Tim Barton.

He is everything that you want in a Pastor.  Friendly, well spoken, thoughtful, welcoming and normal.  In my book, normal is a big deal - especially for Pastors.  Sometimes we pastors and former pastors forget that we are normal people and we forget how to relate to normal people.  So, I love pastors that are down to earth, normal people.

Pastor Tim is a one of the good ones.

On Sunday June 25, my last Sunday in church prior to my knee surgery, he said this in his sermon... "You are not too anything to be welcome here and to find your place here."      

THAT IS SO JESUS!!!  You are not too old, not too young, not too republican, not too democrat, not too white, not too black, not too gay, not too straight.  

You are not too anything to be welcome here.

Why is that idea so hard for some people?

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: