Friday, July 28, 2023

Joy

On July 16th, my friend Joy passed away.  I don't know what to say.  I loved her so much.  We all loved her so much.

Her dearly loved husband, Chuck, passed in December of 2021 from covid.  Since then, Joy has struggled to find the joy of living.  Her world just did not make much sense without Chuck.

Well, now they are together again.

Joy was fun and funny.  Joy sang in a rock and roll band.  Hundreds of our friends would go to hear her sing 70's music.  She had an awesome deep voice like Mamma Cass.  She sang at church too.  For years I did a sermon during lent about the crucifixion.  At the end of that sermon, Joy would come up and sing "The Blood will never lose it's power."

When friends get together now, Joy will come up, and everyone will feel a sense of loss.  A chair at the table that should be filled, will sit empty.

Dear Joy, I love you and I miss you and we all hurt for your passing.  I am glad to know that I will see you again some day.

And it is still a beautiful day in God's world, enjoy your friends and be sure to see the good.

No comments: