Tuesday, July 25, 2023

from here on out

You probably know that I had a rough childhood.  I blamed my parents for everything for years.  I groused and was sour about what had transpired.

When I was 28, I had a revelation.  "What was in the past was on them... what is in the future is now on me."

This is a wonderful thought.  It opens the door for me to forgive my parents.  It opens the door to healing.  It opens the door to my future possibilities.

Whatever you have done in the past, what ever has happened to you in the past, well the past is the past. What happens from this day forward is on you. Make it all good.

My friend Bruce sent in this quote... "The good news is that we have the power to choose who we become from here on out. We can change and we must. Change is about winning the war in our hearts."           
                                           John R Wood

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: