Sunday, July 28, 2024

computer glitch

Ten days ago there was a world wide computer glitch.  It threw many companies and several airlines into complete disarray.  Delta and American airlines were in complete freefall.  I hope it is better today because tonight I am flying Delta to Lexington KY.  By faith, I say I am flying into Lexington KY.

During these last ten days, I have been stranded overnight twice because flights were cancelled.  The systems of these great airlines just could not figure out what to do.  And all of this disruption happened accidentally.

I thought about the old days when we operated without computers.  What in the world would happen to our society if there was ever in intentional intent to disrupt systems?  What would happen if someone dropped an EMP?  An EMP is a bomb that destroys anything that runs on electricity.

Cars won't run.  No computers.  No TV.  No cell phones.  You get the idea.

I guess this is just one more reason for us to be nice to each other.  No more need for wars, for arguing, for fighting, or hatred.  No more need for hacking or identity theft.  And surely no EMP's.

Come on people, let's just love one another.  

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: