Monday, April 29, 2024

Grocery Stores

I am thankful for grocery stores.

I have always known grocery stores.  When I was a kid we shopped at the A&P store at 90th and Wornall Rd.  In California we shopped at the Safeway on Almaden Road.  I have never known a time when I could not go to the grocery store and get just about anything.

So I walked into the Whole Foods store in Boca the other day.  I was amazed at the layout of the hot food/salad bar - buy it by the pound section.  It was amazing.



These pictures barely scratch the surface of what is available.  It is an amazing spread.

I thought of the grocery stores in Russia.  Small, paltry, not much on the shelves.  I thought of how the families would get together and pool resources to share a meal.

I thought of the friends in Nicaragua who will never in their life see such grocery stores.

I remember a friend telling me a story about bringing over engineers from Russia to train them in their business.  They would take them to the grocery store to buy food to cook.  The Russians would say that this is not real.  That the Americans just created this ruse of a food store to impress them.

What we take for granted, most people in the world cannot fathom.

We are so fortunate.  We are so fortunate.  We are so fortunate.

I thank God for grocery stores.  May we all do everything that we can to help those who live in food scarcity.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: