Wednesday, April 3, 2024

A report on Easter Sunday

I arrived at church about 20 minutes before service time. I was greeted by several friends who love me for some reason.  This is a very touching part of the day to me... I was greeted by several, who just seem to like me.  That always feels good.

They insisted that I sit down and share the breakfast which the men's group had prepared.  I did.  Then I wandered through the sanctuary and shook a few hands on my way to the comfortable spot on the south side where I normally sit. 

When the pastor stood for the call to worship, there was a ring in his voice. He is risen!  And for some reason, I began to cry.  Soon the tones of "Christ the Lord is Risen Today" we’re rolling off the Organ. Everyone stood and sang and I cried like a baby. 

The church was on display today in her full glory.  There was a big crowd with lots of great music. It reminded me of the old days, many years ago when on Easter Sunday we would stand and sing "Up from the Grave He Rose!"  

I thought about all the volunteers that worked so hard over the years to make Easter a wonderful day. I thought about all the staff that worked so hard to make Easter wonderful.  I thought about all the amazing music and how hard the musicians worked. What a blessing it was for me to be a part of that for all of those years.  

It was a wonderful morning and a wonderful day. I’m still a bit in tears. He has risen , be filled with joy!!!







It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland October 15-24, 2024.
click here for the brochure

If you have questions, feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

No comments: