Friday, April 5, 2024

Let's talk

A friend asked me if they could talk to me about something.  I said "sure."  They said, no, it is about you.  I said, "ok, talk to me."  They were hesitant.  They did not want to hurt my feelings I guess.

I explained to them that friends should be able to talk about anything.  Go for it.  Talk to me.  They did.  I survived.  The friendship survived... it probably even got stronger.

When you have a friend, you trust them.  You let them in.  They help you be better.  Sometimes they may say things that aren't what you were expecting, or what you wanted to hear, but they are friends so you listen to them.

Sometimes the best advice actually comes in the form of things that we did not want to hear.

I hope that you have people in your life that can say anything to you.  I hope that you have people that will challenge you if they think that you are going off track.

Friends are there for each other.  Friends let each other in.

I hope you have many people like this in your life.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland October 15-24, 2024.
click here for the brochure

If you have questions, feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

No comments: