Friday, April 26, 2024

What is wrong with me???

I am on a job in Boca Raton for a couple of weeks.  We are working 7 days a week on the remodel of a store.  I have loaded dumpsters, disassembled old desks, fixed holes in walls and such.  We are working from 3pm until midnight.

And I love it.  When I got to the hotel after work, I was walking in and I thought, "oh, my how I love this."  And then I thought, "what is wrong with me?"

I guess it sounds funny, but I love to work.  I don't sit still very well.  I am so glad that at the age of 66 to be healthy enough to carry on such work.  I am glad to still be making a difference in the world.  I am glad to meet new people and be nice to them.

Work is important.  If a person can learn to work, then much of life becomes clear.  I used to tell my kids, "make yourself indispensable to the corporation."  I told them that because it is good advice, and it was told to me 1,000 times by my father.

Work is good.  I thank God for the ability to work.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: