Tuesday, April 9, 2024

accepting reality

My friend Bev sent this to me. It is a quote from the big blue book of AA. I have edited it just a bit for readability.

Accepting things as they are is the answer to all of my problems...

When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing or situation - some fact of my life - unacceptable to me, and I cannot find or will not find any serenity until I choose to accept that person, place, thing or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment.

Nothing, absolutely nothing happens in God's world by mistake.  Until I accept myself, my situation and my life completely on life's terms, I cannot be happy.

I need to concentrate not so much on what happens in the world as on what needs to be changed in me and in my attitudes!

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland October 15-24, 2024.
click here for the brochure

If you have questions, feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

No comments: