Sunday, April 7, 2024

Favorite part of the service

Years ago, a survey was taken of church attenders.  They were asked "which part of the service is your favorite."  I loved the answer that got the most votes... "the silent prayer time."

Think of it... a moment of silence.  It is the only time in the service when someone isn't trying to get you to think something.  In a silent prayer it is just you and God.

Well, lately, I have noticed that I have another favorite time of the service.  The benediction.  Not because the service is ending, but because it is almost always a very positive word.

Go in peace.  Fear not.  Go in love.  Go with God.  

It sends us out on a good footing.  It leaves the congregation with a good vibe.  We go out on a positive note.

Bene=good  diction=word.  A good word.  I love it.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland October 15-24, 2024.
click here for the brochure

If you have questions, feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

No comments: