Monday, April 1, 2024

that is not what I meant

So last Friday I was trying to type a blog about purpose, and I got myself into some trouble.  I did not mean to provide misleading information, but rereading what I wrote, I see what some of you have been talking to me about.

Here is what I wrote...

Someone mentioned looking for their life purpose. Similar question... why am I here?

I used to raise kids... now they are gone. What is my purpose? I used to be married, now I am not. What is my purpose. I used to have this or that job. I used to be a Pastor. Now I don't have that job. Why am I here?


I did not mean to indicate that I was no longer married.  I was writing hypothetically about things that people face, things that people lose, that cause them to question their purpose.  I think that all of us can imagine things that people would deal with that would be very challenging to their sense of purpose.

I should have said, "I know a person" that lost their job, "I know a person whose marriage broke up,"  I know a person who...

and of course, the point of the entire blog was that we have a purpose, regardless of our circumstances.

Anyway, I am still married, and I am sorry for the confusion.

Happy April 1st.  No jokes from me today.  

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland October 15-24, 2024.
click here for the brochure

If you have questions, feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

No comments: