Saturday, April 13, 2024

The other half

The other day I was leaving a store that has a greeter at the front door.  I was struck by the disfiguration of this poor human.

We look in the mirror each day and worry about hair loss or wrinkles or being out of shape.  And then we run into someone who never had a chance.  They were disfigured, deformed from birth.

This person said to me, thanks for shopping, have a good day.  I said "you have a good day as well."

I didn't know what to think.  We have so many blessings and there are so many who do not.

As I was leaving the parking lot, I noticed a pop up camper parked in the lot of a vacant restaurant.  There was a pile of trash on one end of the camper and a BBQ grill at the other.  Obviously, someone was living in this camper in the vacant restaurant parking lot.

I felt bad.  It is so easy to get caught up in our lives and forget that there are so many out there that are in serious need.

I don't know how to help such problems, but I do believe this... paying attention and being aware of them is a huge step in the right direction.

Do you know how the other half lives?

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland October 15-24, 2024.
click here for the brochure

If you have questions, feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

No comments: