Monday, February 16, 2009

in the night

The strangest things happen in the night. You are coming to see me this week. I did not think about you at all yesterday. But this morning, you are in my dream. My dream wakes me up. I can't go back to sleep. I am overwhelmed with a feeling that I need to help you. A lot of people as for help. Some I can help, some I cannot. Sometimes the best thing for someone is to help them learn to solve their own problems. Anyway, helping you is all that I have thought about since I awoke. My mind is flooded with ideas about how I can help you, these ideas were not in my brain yesterday, but they are streaming in this morning from somewhere.

I am not sure I have felt anything like this for a long time. It is almost like I don't get a real choice in this matter, God has already said, I must help you. I guess that is a good thing, but it doesn't really matter what I think because I am going to help you every way that I can.

How does God talk to us? I don't know how to explain it. I don't want to sound like I always hear his voice, I don't. But I would sure suggest that you all pray before you go to bed, because strange things can happen in the night.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you know you may have opened up a flood gate for people with problems. As I read your blog I was thinking to myself, "Wow, I wish I would have asked him for help." But then I decided to take the advice you gave towards the end. I will continue to try and help myself, pray before I go to bed and listen real hard for that "voice".

Anonymous said...

Some of my best inspiration comes in the night. Is it because I'm captive and released from the cares of the day? I precisely feel that is why God tugs on us in the night...because we are captive and released from the cares of the day. And I truly do feel that it is God connecting the dots and crossing the t's in our lives helping us live a more fulfilled life and in many cases, allowing us to see how we can be of benefit to others. May the flood-gates be opened! I love feeling that inspiration that so often comes in the night.

Love your blog, Jeff. Don't always have time to respond to your blog at the time of reading, but this one really struck a cord with me and I wanted you to know.
Mary Ann