Sunday, February 1, 2009

Thou Shall not steal.

I often meet people that attend other churches. People that I think are awesome. I want to steal them, but we should not.

When people visit Woods Chapel from other churches, I make an effort to leave them alone. Some of them go back from whence they came. Others stick around. If they stick around long enough, we have no option but to care about them.

I hate it that other churches sometimes lose folks to us. We have lost some folks to other churches as well. I talked to a Presbyterian last night that I would love to steal, but I cannot. It is wrong. Every church is good. We want every church to succeed.

If you attend Woods Chapel, I want to you keep attending here. We need you. But we are not the only church. I want you all to know that I love you regardless of where you go to church. If you like another church and another pastor better, that is great. I am glad that we are both in the kingdom.

Let's celebrate every Christian church. They are winning people to Jesus Christ.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Lion's Den Man said...

Bruce Letner wasn't always a Woodchuck.
Mikhail Baryshnikov left Russia.
Paul was a persecutor.......
I know for a fact that the Presbyterian you are referring to was once a Lutheran.
But I agree with your view and so have never tried to sway him either..…….he is a good man and he is doing good work.

Peace,
Lion’s Den Man

Anonymous said...

Jeff, my husband and I searched for several years for the right church. I grew up Southern Baptist and my husband never grew up in Church, so to find something we agreed upon was a task. We moved to an adjacent neighborhood and attended the church....we clicked. Then we found out our neighbors and friends also attended. We were destined to become members....and here we are. thank you for accepting us. Since then we have refered several friends, some have stayed, others have not. We are so happy where we are. I always tell you "thank-you" after every service, because I truely mean it.