Saturday, February 28, 2009

look, I'm a philosopher

The old eventually die. The young stand by and cry. The rest of us are stuck in the middle, and wonder why.

Why do we grow old? Where did my youth go? What happened to my knees? How do knees go bad anyway? Why do we yearn for 20 years ago, when it didn't feel like Camelot to us back then?

How are children born? Why do they grow up. We want them to, but then again, sometimes we wish they were 10 years old again.

With all of these questions, there must be something good. Yes, at the end of my questions, I rest. I find love. When I find love, I find God. I ask my questions, I get them out of my system, and I remember the good. In every year, in every age, there has been good. Good times, good memories, good growth. Friends, family, caring, love.

There is a stream that runs through our lives. It is pure and clear and clean. It washes over the rocky times and makes its way toward the sea. The goodness of our lives will all find its way to the ocean of God's love.


It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

mhaskamp said...

"Lonely River" by Susan Ashton...check it out.

Perfect soundtrack for this blog.

Love it!