Sunday, February 15, 2009

Trust in God

Trust in God. What does that mean? I wonder if we are the best at trusting God when we don't need to? Consider two pictures:

Everything is good. I am happy, fat and sassy. Everyone loves me. I can trust God with my life.

Everything is goofed up. My friends are losing their jobs. The stock market is down, my kids are nervous, no one knows what the future will hold. We should trust God in these times, but it is so difficult.

Well, this is silly. If there is ever a time to trust God, it is when things are goofy. It's like we say we are trusting in God, but really, we are just trusting in circumstances.

Have you ever jumped into a mosh pit? I never have, but you had better be sure that the people there are going to catch you. Have you ever played the trust game where you stand in the middle of a circle, close your eyes and lean over, trusting that the others in the circle will keep you upright? In both circumstances you are totally dependent upon others.

Maybe one benefit of difficult times is that we can really learn to trust in God. Maybe we can stop worrying about everything and trust him. Trust. Rest. Relax. God is good.

Man, we should be having really good prayers right now. Are yours better? Is tribulation having its work in you? Trust God.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so right. We have two choices: push God away in our time of need hanging on to what little, if any, control we have
or
draw near to Him, encouraging Him to come to us in our time of need and allowing Him his timing in all of this.

Love your blog, Jeff, I really do!
M.A.