Tuesday, March 10, 2009

days that mark time

We just go along living our lives. Until one of those days comes up. There are a number of days in each person's life that mark the passing of time. Here are some of mine.

New Year's day of course.

The Big 12 tournament and Scott's birthday. Scott was born on the Sunday of the championship game in 1991. Cathy is such a big basketball fan and I could not hardly get her to go to the hospital.

Easter
Opening day at the K
July 4th
School starting back
September 11

The return of Orion the constellation. I was in the astronomy club when I was 13. The only constellation I remember besides the dippers is Orion. Orion rises every fall in the North Easterly sky and sets every spring in the South East. He is about gone for this year, but you can still see him if you look low and to the South. I have watched him come and go for 39 years.

Thanksgiving
Christmas

Today, is a day that reminds me that another year has come and passed by. Happy 18th Birthday Scott!

Friends, let's give thanks for every day, every week, every year.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: