Monday, March 16, 2009

Greeks and Persians

I am reading a book that was given to me by someone who goes to our church. The book is about the battle of Thermopylae where 300 Spartans held off over one million Persians. [for a while] The book is about real life problems and the amount of suffering that people would endure just for the sake of honor.

My life, all in all, has been very easy. During my life time, our country has never been overrun by another. My home has never been burned by invaders. My loved ones were not killed by soldiers.

I know there are others in the world that have not been as fortunate as we have. I count every day a blessing when my biggest worry is trying to contact all of the people from church that want to visit about something.

You find out what you are made out of during tough times. That doesn't make those bad days, just more difficult. Sometimes, the most special days, the most holy days, are the ones in which things did not come quite as easy.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: