Sunday, March 15, 2009

pastoral appointments

Oops. I did not mean to mis-communicate yesterday about a "new church pastor." I did not mean that we are getting a new pastor to replace Jeff. What I meant is that I had a meeting yesterday with the pastor who is being assigned to work with us to start the new church that we have been talking about.

Of course, the Bishop can assign any pastor as he or she wishes. There are no guarantees. However, it is my anticipation that all four of our appointed pastors, Jeff, Clay, Gina and Sherri will all be reappointed here for another year. The setting of appointments takes place each year at Annual Conference around the first of June.

We anticipate that the new church pastor will officially be appointed to this purpose at Annual Conference. In a few weeks, this person will be introduced to the Staff Parish [personnel] Committee. After that, there will be an official announcement in worship services. [I think that is how that will work, but I am at the disposal and direction of the DS on how this should be done.] At any rate, as soon as we are allowed to share the name, I will let you know the name of the person who is coming to work with us to start a new church.

It is all very exciting.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: