Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I lost it

Well, it is a very frustrating thing. I lose my wallet, my keys, my checkbook. I am constantly looking for something that I just set down. In the past month I have been experimenting with several eye drops [under doctor's supervision] to treat what I expect is some form of dry eye syndrome. The drops come in a little tiny container, half the size of a chap stick. I have been very careful about where I put this little eye drop container, but it doesn't seem to matter. I lost it yesterday and have not been able to find it.

I have retraced my steps. I have checked the car, the office and the home. They are no where to be found. They were not cheap either.

I guess they are somewhere. I suppose they will turn up. If they don't, well, then I will just have to move on. Anthony Demello says that if you are constantly losing things, you are too busy. You are not living in the moment. You are rushing from one thing to the next and not paying attention to the present moment. Awareness. Being present. Where ever you are, be all there.

Looking so hard for the drops and my worry about them reminds me of the stories that Jesus told about the lost coin, the lost sheep and the lost son. God is seeking to save that which is lost. I sure hope that he helps me find my eye drops soon.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff, I have a question for you that maybe you can address in a later blog. It's kind of related to the "lost". Tricia and I have really been confused lately as to how we should be "evangelizing" in our lives -- that is, how do we point the lost back to Christ? Obviously, there are so many situations and it's hard to know how to be "seeker-sensitive" (a term that's new to me that I heard the other day). So my question, for a later blog or even a conversation, is how do you personally reach the lost? What do you say or do for your non-Christians friends, your neighbors that you don't know, or even the cashier in the check-out line in the grocery store? Thanks for your blog as always.

Anonymous said...

Did you use it in the car? If so, check between the seats. It's probably down there with the french fry and the change.