Monday, March 30, 2009

doxology

Several asked for more information about the book that Lion's Den Man was referring to in his blog post the other day. The book is "The Shack" by William Young.

I awoke this morning at 3:45 with the doxology stuck in my head. The church that I visited yesterday did not even sing it.

Praise God from whom all blessings flow.
Praise Him all creatures here below.

Praise Him above ye heavenly host.
Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost.

Why was the doxology on my mind today? I am not sure, but given everything that could be on a person's mind, and given the things that sometimes consume my thoughts, thinking about the doxology is not a bad thing.

Sunday is Palm Sunday. A day when Jesus received praise. It was a good thing. It was a good day for him.

Praise God. What does that mean? Do we do this? How? I would like to think that every Christian would be able to answer this question in some meaningful way. I praise God when I..... [you fill in the rest.]

Maybe a good way to get started on the whole praise thing is to just let the doxology get stuck in your head.

Praise God from whom all blessings flow.
Praise Him all creatures here below.
Praise Him above ye heavenly host.
Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost.


Sing it a few times today. 3 times. 10 times. Think about the words.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I praise God when I first wake up. That's a big deal for me--just waking up every morning. Because I know some people don't. And then, when I walk out of my bedroom and look out my back windows, I always praise God for what I see. When I really thought about your blog this morning, I realized that I praise God a lot. I don't have so many worries, but I have a lot to be thankful for. But I will think about the doxology all day today--just to remind me.

And, I'd like to comment on the Lion's Den Man's blog of couple of days ago about friends. Since I have been attending WCC (the last 4 years)I have a list of the friends that I have made on WCC live--there are 66. I am overwhelmed. Sixty-six people I never knew before but now I would feel totally comfortable hugging them on sight or calling them if I needed or wanted to. I praise the Lord for them.