Friday, March 27, 2009

yesterday

I was in a meeting yesterday morning at church with three men I admire and for whom I have great respect. Each possess those great character qualities ….honesty, integrity and humility. We discussed what was on the agenda and accomplished what was needed for now, but that was only a small part of what I gained from being part of this meeting. I really didn’t want to talk as much as I wanted to listen, but in a group like this that isn’t possible. You see they truly wanted to hear what I had on my mind, too. They are good listeners and encouragers. People like that are just great to be around. It puts you in a different frame of mind. They care, they want to help, they don’t have an agenda to force upon you, they want you…everyone…to be part of the process…..to have ownership….I left that meeting only to enter into two other work related meetings…………..night and day difference. I’m not sure where I am headed with this except to say we have an opportunity everyday to impact people around us. I hope each day I remember days like this as I go out into the world………what a difference we all could make…….. don’t you think?

Peace,
Lion’s Den Man

No comments: