Thursday, March 19, 2009

no post today

Well, yesterday, the post was late. Late enough that a friend wrote me to ask if I was ok. That was very nice indeed. I am ok. I was ok, and I still am. Thanks for asking about my crazy brain.

Here is what happened.......
I had my laptop to church to have our I.T. guru fix something related to the internet utility. He did fix it. Yesterday morning, when I got up and ready to write, my computer found the signal, but I did not have the secret code that allowed me to get on line. I had left it at church. Do you ever have half of what you need somewhere else? Or am I the only one?

I was not going to be at the church yesterday until later because I had to run a couple of errands. So I called our dear friend, Lions Den Man, and asked him to post. He did. All of this just took a bit longer than normal.

Now, let me thank my friend LD Man for an awesome post. Inspiration. Great topic. Wish I would have thought of that myself. I wish I had more of it. I wish I wasn't so hard on myself when inspiration seems so far away. Writing every day can be very difficult. Sometimes you don't feel like you have anything at all to say, and other days you wonder if any of this is relevant to anyone out there. You probably have days like that too.

Well, yesterday was awesome! If you have not seen the daffodils at church, go take a peek! They are standing tall and declaring the glory of God.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff,
You are way too hard on yourself.
Let me tell you my routine so you know for sure, without a doubt, that what you write is relevant to someone. I come into work, get my cup of coffee, open the computer and go to your blog. I read what you took the time to write, and at the end of every post I am reminded that it is a beautiful day in God's world and I am in it. I am thankful I have this reminder and that you take the time to share what you are thinking.
The content of each blog entry ends with inspiration so relax a little. :)
Erik Blaney

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to know that you are okay. And, yes, I often have something I need in another location. Jeff is fine. Whew!

Glad you had an awesome day. I noticed the daffodils last night on the way into choir practice. They are a burst of sunshine on the hillside. Thanking God for all his creation and that folks like us can help to display such beauty on the hillside overlooking our church!

Thank you Lion's Den Man, whoever you are. Your post yesterday was just what I needed.

Have another awesome day, Jeff!
M.A.

Anonymous said...

I think the daffodils should be an inspiration to all of us. Knowing the kind of earth that we planted them in--full of rocks and clay, I am amazed that they found their way to the light of day. There are days when I'm sure a lot of us don't think we'll make it out of the darkness (or just a lousy winter) to see the beauty of the world. I thank God for every day that I walk on this earth and enjoy life with family and friends.

Anonymous said...

I thought a retraction was in order. In my earlier comment, I should not have referred to the winter as lousy--it wasn't even that harsh actually. I only used my snow blower 3 times. It was just a bit too long, which is how it seems every year. We get so excited over the early warm days and then expect spring to arrive in the middle of February. It never does.