Sunday, June 26, 2011

No cats in heaven

Ok, it keeps coming up.  People ask me things.  Last week I was asked if cats go to heaven.  I could not lie to this person, I had to tell the truth.  There are no cats in heaven.  In fact, all cats go to hell.

There is a movie "all dogs go to heaven."  There is no such movie for cats.  There are nice Internet songs about dog and God, but there is no such song for cats.  My friend Aaron Brown says, "If you bring home a stray dog, you have a friend for life.  If you bring home a stray cat, it will still hate you."

Cats are rude and lazy.  They eat everything in sight.  They don't come when you call.  The latest incident proves that Cats are bound for hell.  The rotten fatty in this picture was trying to stop me from working on my sermon.  Kept crawling onto the keyboard and stopping my work.  If the sermon is bad today, you can blame it on this fleabag.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, so if we hear you meow during the sermon today, we'll know these cats have totally freaked you out. And are you sure this is the time to alienate all the cat lovers who read your blog (ha.)....if there is such a thing as a cat lover.

Sharon said...

I was feeling kind of low this morning, and then I read your blog. Written by any other person, no big deal. But a pastor? Funny stuff.

Cats exist because you don't have to take them outside to potty or for walks in the dead of winter. And because they jump 3 feet in the air when you sneak up on them and pssst at them. That's funny stuff too. ; )

clif said...

Remember, be sure to see the good includes cats.