Thursday, June 23, 2011

when your wife travels

People ask me what it is like to have a wife that travels.  Well, there are many things to get used to.  The hardest thing is when you want to, or need to talk with them and you cannot.  Such a night was last night.  I wanted to talk with her, but she was on a late flight from Detroit to Lexington, KY.  If I had the chance I would have told her:

Hey Babe,  it's 11pm.  The kids are all still out.  Odd.  23, 22 and 20 and I still called them kids.  I am in the garage working on the deck railings to replace the ones that burned in the fire.  On the ipod, we just had Fernando Ortega and then the police- "I'll send an SOS to you."  Do you hear my SOS?  I miss you. 

The weather is perfect.  73 degrees and a nice breeze.  The trash is out for tomorrow and the flowers are all watered.  The dog is in for the night and the cats are just warming up for another night of fighting. 

Your friends are good, the church is good.  All is well.  I miss you.  Come home soon.

[that is what you think when you wife travels every week.]

it's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The fire?? Did Jeff miss some blog posting material to share with his friends. Glad you miss her. Would that all families were as loving as yours.

Anonymous said...

Terms of Endearment. What a romantic way to tell Cathy you are finally fixing the deck rail. You go Jeff. She's gonna love you on both counts.

Anonymous said...

I can relate! Walt

Anonymous said...

If I were your wife and I read your blog, it would feel good. I hope she reads it.