Tuesday, June 28, 2011

traditions

the 4th is around the corner and that always brings back memories. our family spent each 4th of July with four other families every year of my youth. it was awesome. all of the fathers were best of friends...brothers in many ways. no matter how old they grew they always acted like kids when they came together. I learned a lot of good stuff from them...mainly, how friendships work and how to not take life so seriously all of the time.

a lot of history and good stories can come from holidays, hopefully that is the case for you too...I consider myself very lucky in that category and I hope my kids, one day, will look back at the way we spent our time together on the 4th... lots of family and family time, lots of laughs and good times, and I hope, lots of good stories and memories to share over time...

Peace,
Lion's Den Man

No comments: