Tuesday, June 7, 2011

time well spent

i was able to spend some time this past weekend getting to know someone a little better. i have always seen him as a person who is comfortable in his own skin, but i knew very little about him. a few days together changed that. it goes back to the iceberg illustration Jeff has referred to in the past. The part above water is easily seen by everyone, it takes time invested in a person to see what is below the surface. I have spent time in my life in activities, groups, working alongside, studying and enjoying the simple things in life etc. with people I never really got to know. I understand I can't get to know everyone, but I sure could have done a better job at times. It is what binds us together and in many ways helps us to move forward. We are here for each other. That is a simple statement that carries a lot of weight and one I learned a little more about this weekend.

Peace,
Lion's Den Man

No comments: