Sunday, June 5, 2011

when we don't get it

Real people admit that they don't get it sometimes.  Let's be honest, even those who pretend to have it all together, sometimes they don't get it either, they just have to keep pretending.  Sometimes we don't get it.  We don't get life.

I don't understand my child.
I don't understand my spouse.
I am fearful for the future.
I don't understand my upbringing.
I wish my friend was here.
I am lonely.
I don't like growing older.
Why did a tornado hit Joplin.
I don't get it.

At the end of the day, there is only one message that we need to remember.  In good times and bad, God is with us.  That is why we bow the knee.  That is why we show up to worship.  That is why we keep seeking Him.  In our God we find hope and joy, even when, maybe especially in times when we don't have all the answers.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good thing God gets it, or we'd all be in trouble.

Good post.