Thursday, June 2, 2011

opportunities

From Evan Almighty. Scene where God is speaking with Evan’s wife.

“God: Let me ask you something. If someone prays for patience, you think God gives them patience? Or does he give them the opportunity to be patient? If he prayed for courage, does God give him courage, or does he give him opportunities to be courageous? If someone prayed for the family to be closer, do you think God zaps them with warm fuzzy feelings, or does he give them opportunities to love each other?”

God gives us opportunities each day. Today lets make the best of what comes our way.

Peace,

Lion’s Den Man

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to remind myself that the answers I get from God are not my answers, they're his answers. We want fast and straightforward, not 'opportunities' to get us there. However, I am grateful for the learning and the steps. Even when it's slow and frustrating. He walks with me daily and that alone gets me through everything.

Tonia

H4EO said...

This stuff strikes me as truth.
Thanks for reminding me.