Thursday, August 2, 2012

bragging

brag (brg)
v. bragged, brag·ging, brags

v.intr.
To talk boastfully. See Synonyms at boast1.

v.tr.
To assert boastfully.

n.
1. A boast.
2. Arrogant or boastful speech or manner.
3. Something boasted of.
4. A braggart; a boaster.
 
Brag.  Bragging.  Bragadocious.  How ever you say it, most of us find the practice to be unattractive at best.  Every time I observe it, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.  I hope that I don't ever do it.  If I do, please punch me in the face.
 
There is an old saying: "those who say, don't know, those who know, don't say."  I would add a couple of words for clarification: "those who say, don't know; those who know, don't have to say."
 
It's like if you know that you are pretty or handsome, you don't have to run around and tell everyone.  They can see it for themselves.  There is no need to blow your own horn.  It's not a very good tune.
 
It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: