Wednesday, August 29, 2012

I like you

I realized an odd thing last week.  Here it is......when I like me, I am easier on you.  They say that we are the worst on the people that we love.  The folks that we love tend to get the worst of us. 

So, I am nasty to my wife and kids when I have a problem.  Let's turn that around.  When I am feeling good about myself, then I am more kind to those that are close to me.  I love them better when I am happy with myself.

{Lord, is it still all that much about me?}

Take a deep breath and feel good about yourself today.  Will that prepare you to be more kind to your family?  When I like myself, I bring so much more positive things to my family.  Let me work harder on liking me so that I will be more kind to those that I love.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

mhaskamp said...

Someone once said, "If we are to love our neighbors as we love ourselves, then we are all in big trouble."

You're right about being hard on those we love. Maybe it's a sense of superiority over them that we feel? An ability to feel greater than? Either way, it has an abusive overtone. I do it too.

Thanks for the reminder!!!