Monday, August 20, 2012

moving forward


Sometimes I find great pieces of insight in movies.


From the movie HUGO
Hugo Cabret: I'd imagine the whole world was one big machine. Machines never come with any extra parts, you know. They always come with the exact amount they need. So I figured if the entire world was one big machine... I couldn't be an extra part. I had to be here for some reason. Maybe that's why a broken machine always makes me a little sad, because it isn't able to do what it was meant to do... Maybe it's the same with people. If you lose your purpose... it's like you're broken.

Of course broken things can be repaired. Hope is always there. You may not be completely dismantled...maybe just a little off track. Either way it is just about taking the next step. Move forward. As Jeff said in the sermon yesterday, “the rest of my life is mine”. Take that thought and run with it....

Peace,
Lion’s Den Man


No comments: