Wednesday, August 1, 2012

two sons revisited

My post last Saturday raised a couple of questions.  Let me clarify what I was trying to say.

In the story of the prodigal son, there are two brothers.  The prodigal brother has a bad attitude in the beginning and a good attitude in the end.  The other brother, the older brother has a bad attitude at the end. 

At the end of the story, the prodigal is sorrowful and humble.  The elder brother is arrogant and sassy.  It is all about him.  We generally love the humble and loathe the arrogant.  I think that the tone of scripture usually leans this way  as well.  God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble.

In this case however, both sons are loved by the father.  This picture gives me something to think about.  If God doesn't throw this arrogant son away, then maybe we shouldn't, I should be a bit more gracious to those whom we may have set aside, for any reason.

Grace is amazing.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: