Saturday, January 10, 2015

$1.93

I remember in 1973 when the OPEC oil embargo and the gas crisis hit.  Gas went from 35 cents to .99 per gallon.  My dad lost his job and we thought the world would come to an end.  Some churches were predicting it for sure.  We sat in long lines to buy gas and could only buy it on odd or even days.

Well, the world did not end.  Over the years we have gone clear up to over $4 per gallon.  I understand that for much of the world, $4 is still very cheap.

So a few years ago, gas went down to $2.26 and I thought I should take a picture.  I didn't do it and soon it was back to near $4.  This time though, I took the picture.  Here is my 2001 Ford pickup, gassing up for $1.93.  I am driving it a bit more these days since the price is down.

I don't know what low gas prices mean for the economy, but they are good for me on the short run.  And, since it is all about me, all about, us, let's celebrate the short term happiness of cheap gas.  It won't last for ever.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: