Wednesday, January 14, 2015

vacation

I just came back from a vacation.  Vacations are supposed to make you want to go back to work.  On this vacation, I took 5 books with me to read.  I got through 4 of them.  One of them really made me think.  [This is a good thing.  Thinking is good.]

Am I the kind of person that I want to be?  Are there ways that I can improve?  What if every time we went on vacation we tried to identify something to work on inside of ourselves?

Maybe that would be more like a retreat than a vacation.  But who cares.  Shouldn't Christian people always be thinking about ways that we can become more like Christ?

I hate to say this, but here is what I am thinking for me.  I want to be more quiet and I want to be more kind.  I am going to be thinking about these things more.

I think that makes the vacation successful.  To think about positive change is a good thing indeed.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: