Saturday, January 3, 2015

a profound Christmas thought

Shared with permission-

I got an email the other day from our friend and member Barbara Bass.  Delightful, funny, and kind, she shared some thoughts of Christmas:

[Jeff, I] loved your blog today.  I am one of those who is always glad when Christmas is over, in fact, I am one who hates when it is beginning.  I hate that people don't have Christmas all year long.  I hate being asked, "Did you have a good Christmas?"  Exactly what warrants a good Christmas vs a bad Christmas?  How can you have a bad Christmas unless it is all about you, what did you wish for, what did you get, are you satisfied?  It makes me want to scream.

I was asked by a co-worker on Friday if I had a good Christmas and I asked her to define Christmas.  I loved what you said Christmas Eve that the Light came to push back the darkness and my response to her was, "Yes, I had a good Christmas, I tried all year to push the darkness back with His Light."

I asked my 5 year old grandson what he likes about Christmas and his answer was "opening presents, snow and snowball fights."  I didn't really expect him to jump up and  down yelling that its Jesus' birthday, but he is also the one who thought that he had been naughty only once this past year!

I do ask my grandchildren every year after I hear their list of wants, "Since its not your birthday, what will you  be getting Jesus for His birthday?"

I wonder if God looked at Jesus and asked him, "How was your birthday this year, Son?"

Profound thoughts on Christmas.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: