Sunday, January 11, 2015

thankful

I remember seeing the grocery stores in Russia.  I know a story about a Russian being taken to one of our grocery stores here in the states and commenting that we had set this up as a show.  He thought that there was no way that we had this much access to this much food and vegetables all the time.

When I was in Russia and I saw people go to the grocery stores, they did not go to get what they wanted as much as they went to get whatever was available at the time.  In Nicaragua, they are thrilled when we bring them vegetables, and chicken.

And I look at our stores.  We have gotten used to an abundance, to an opulent amount of food.   We go to the store and shop and we just think that everyone has food like this.

They don't.

I for one, am grateful for the grocery store.  For the myriad of vegetables.  For vegetables that I can buy that I d
on't even know what they are.  We are so blessed, we are more than blessed.

Can we see it?

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: