Thursday, January 8, 2015

struck with a thought

Sometimes we take our friends and family for granted.  Sometimes we are the worst to the people that are closest to us.  That is not a good thing.

Sometimes we get stuck in our lives and forget to say thank you and I love you to our loved ones.

But, every now and then, I hear a story that breaks me from my habits.  It wakes me from my sleep.  Someone has lost a child.  Someone is getting divorced.  Someone's life is on the rocks.

That is when I think of my wife and I want to call her up and tell her that I love her.  And I do.  I just call out of the blue and tell her I love her.  She does not know why I called, but I just got reminded that we should not take those we love for granted.

Someone out there is wishing that they had someone to call.  So, call the ones you love and tell them you love them.  You will be glad that you did.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: