Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Epiphany

Ahhh! An Epiphany!

Epiphany is a surprise.  It is an insight.  It is an eye opening experience.  The season in which the wise men visited the baby Jesus is called Epiphany.  On the church calendar it is always January 6th.

People often ask how long Christmas decorations should stay up.  Well, traditionally, they stay up until Epiphany.  The 12 days of Christmas are December 25 thru January 6th.

So, if you were in church on Sunday, and the decorations were still up, and that is why.

It is a beautiful, enlightening day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Marcie Gragg,Troop Committee Chair said...

Jeff, I think I will direct my boys to take down our Christmas tree today. If they complain about having to do the chore, I'll tell them I had an "epiphany" and realized they are quite capable to take over the task. ;-)