Wednesday, November 27, 2019

feeling safe

Last week I had breakfast with my friends Pete and Carol.  They are heavily involved with a mission school in Haiti.  I love ministries that reach out to the least of these.

They were telling me about their last trip.  There is unrest in Haiti now and on several occasions they were told to leave a place because it was not safe for them.  Angry young men set up road blocks and you either had to pay them to continue on or find another route.

It occurred to me as they were talking, I have never, or hardly ever felt unsafe in the USA.  Thanksgiving is here and I am thankful for something that we so often take for granted, feeling safe.

Thank you God that we feel safe.  Please bless those who do not feel safe.  May we all appreciate the sense of feeling safe it is such a blessing.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland next year. If you are interested in reading about it, or joining in, the link is below.....

Treasures of Ireland
July 13-22, 2020

No comments: