Wednesday, November 20, 2019

not again

NO! NO! NO!
Not again.  Please not again.

Last week another young man who grew up in our neighborhood took his own life.  He was in my son's class and they played baseball together.

28 years young.

Ok, let me put this out there........ I feel qualified to write on this topic because I have considered suicide myself.  Twice.  First when I was 28 and going thru my divorce and the other time more recently after I left Woods Chapel.  I understand the kind of pain that causes someone to wonder if there is hope for the future.

I want you to hear this.  There is hope!  Things can get better.  If you have considered taking your own life, let me say a few things.

First on the negative... suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.  Suicide does not end the pain, it simply multiplies it and passes it along to everyone that loves you.  I know you don't want to hurt, but do you really want everyone else to hurt?

Now on the positive... think of all the things that you will miss seeing if you do this... all of the beautiful life experiences that could be yours if you stay alive.  One day you will play catch with a friend.  One day you will feed a hungry person.  One day you will see the beauty in the flowers.  One day you will watch a rocket launch.  One day you will make new friends.  One day you will eat your favorite food.  One day you will experience a beautiful fall day.  You will sit by a fire and enjoy the moment.  Your football team will win a close game.  You will hug and be hugged.

There are hundreds of reasons to stay alive.  Please remember this!!!

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland next year. If you are interested in reading about it, or joining in, the link is below.....

Treasures of Ireland
July 13-22, 2020


No comments: