Thursday, November 21, 2019

Nancy

I had the privilege to get to know Nancy and her husband Jeff at Cape Coral.  We brought her on staff as an admin and she was awesome.

Last week I posted about how we see God.  I said that God is not a person, God is a spirit and God is love.

Nancy offered some comments that I found interesting and insightful.  She said, "I loved the book, The Shack. I had no problem of “seeing” God as a black women I have never imagined God in human form at all. To me God is power or energy “the burning bush” or the voice in the Garden of Eden. He is the power and energy of love and if people can get past the fact he has to be in human form we’d all be better off. God is so much greater than humans. Greater in his image is the image of love not of humankind."

I guess maybe I [Jeff] am the one who has struggled to look past God as a person or an angry man.  Nancy's words were very helpful.

God is spirit.  God is love.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland next year. If you are interested in reading about it, or joining in, the link is below.....

Treasures of Ireland
July 13-22, 2020

No comments: