Tuesday, November 19, 2019

warm



Someone wrote to me about how warm church can feel.

They were not talking about the Fahrenheit.   They were talking about the feeling that they get in their heart and soul.

Warm hearted is good.  Church should feel warm hearted.  Church leaders should cultivate a culture of warm heartedness. 

We can all create a culture of warmth in our lives simply by being kind.  Not too long ago I stopped into the high school to buy a t-shirt.  I got to talking to the secretary and she commented on what a nice person I must be.  Why?  because I was nice to her, I took time to talk to her and she probably is used to being treated with less than kindness by some students and parents.

Warmth is good.  A warm handshake.  A warm smile.  A warm embrace.  A warm welcome.

I have said it once and I will say it again... "people won't always remember what you did, they won't always remember what you said, but they will always remember how you made them feel."

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland next year. If you are interested in reading about it, or joining in, the link is below.....

Treasures of Ireland
July 13-22, 2020


No comments: