Monday, November 18, 2019

Love and a cup of coffee

My friend Phil passed away a few months ago. I loved him so much. He was as ornery as I am and we had fun needling each other. When I moved away I sent him a note and put in writing how much he meant to me. I wanted him to know that I loved him.

One of the things that was great about Phil was Phil and Sue together. You could always tell that they loved each other.  They called themselves "the lucky ones."

After Phil's funeral, their grandson was visiting from California and Sue poured him a cup of coffee. Some of it splashed out and they watched it form a perfectly shaped heart. They both looked at it like “what just happened?” The grandson grabbed his phone and took a picture. Sue wrote, "I think Phil was telling us he’s ok and wanted to have coffee with us."

I personally believe that although we cannot see them, that somehow they are still with us, beyond the grave. They are what the writer of Hebrews calls the great cloud of witnesses.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland next year. If you are interested in reading about it, or joining in, the link is below.....

Treasures of Ireland
July 13-22, 2020

No comments: