Saturday, November 23, 2019

unconditional love

From my friend Brian...

I continue to learn about love and forgiveness from our grand kids. My 5 year old grand daughter was in a room where basically everything had been removed from its assigned place and thrown on the floor.  What a mess.  I had talked to her about making a mess several times and launched right into a stern lecture. I told her no excuses were acceptable and that she needed to help me pick things up right then. She did so without objection. Later I learned it was her younger brother, a human tornado at age 2, who had been responsible for the mess. I went to her and explained I was wrong, and I was very sorry. She lit up! The fact that I was wrong and had accused her unfairly did not impact how she felt about me. She had already forgiven me before I even asked! She wasn’t going to let a little mistake get in the way of the love we share. She was happy to know I knew the truth, but her unconditional love had easily survived my mistake. Once again, it made me think about God’s love for us. Clearly it can survive our mistakes as well. He has proven that over and over. It’s nice to have our grand kids to remind of things like that.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland next year. If you are interested in reading about it, or joining in, the link is below.....

Treasures of Ireland
July 13-22, 2020

No comments: