Wednesday, December 11, 2019

3 simple rules

John Wesley offered 3 simple rules for living-
1.  Do no harm
2.  Do good
3.  Attend upon the ordinances of God.

The first two are self explanatory.  By the third, he meant that we should pray, go to worship, and participate in the sacraments.

Rule three has been interpreted over the years and now is more usually called "stay in love with God."

I have been thinking about preaching a sermon on these 3 rules.  But since I don't have a pulpit, I would have to preach it and put it on youtube or facebook video.  I am not sure that I am technical enough to do so.  Can you help me?

Anyway, today I am going to say a very few words about rule 1, do no harm.  Here I go...
The church needs to stop hurting people.  The church needs to stop using the bible to hurt people.  The church needs to stop judging people.  Far too many Christians are living a Christianity that is hurting other people.

Rule 1.  Do no harm.  It's not that hard.

Imagine all the good that would come if we eliminated all of the harm from the world.  Imagine the love that would float to the top if we just stopped hurting people.

Do no harm.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland next year. If you are interested in reading about it, or joining in, the link is below.....

Treasures of Ireland
July 13-22, 2020

No comments: