Monday, December 30, 2019

the mirror

I looked in the mirror the other day. Or should I say I passed by a mirror and accidentally got a glancing view.

What I saw horrified me. I saw an old guy. He looked like my Dad. I saw aged skin, hair loss and general fatness.

I was disgusted. I am no longer young and beautiful [if I ever was]. I am an old disgusting looking person. Now there are some old folks that look good, but I fear that I am not one of them.

Then I stopped and remembered that there are people that know what I look like and still love me. They don’t see what I see. They see something good. They see something kind. They see the good.

Hey! Isn’t that what this blog is about? Seeing the good?

Next time you look in the mirror and you don’t like what you see, remember that there are a lot of people that love you, just the way you are.

Next time you are with a friend, tell them how beautiful you think that they are. Tell them that you love them, just the way that they are.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com
- - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland next year. If you are interested in reading about it, or joining in, the link is below.....

Treasures of Ireland
July 13-22, 2020

No comments: